- Use of the StatePoint.net website is conditioned upon the acceptance of the Terms
and Conditions of Use as set forth below. By using this website, you represent that
you have read and understand the Terms and Conditions of Use and that you or anyone
to whom you provide your user name and password agree to these Terms and Conditions
- EDITORIAL PRODUCTS FOR PUBLICATION
- Editorial products displayed or transmitted on this StatePoint.net website for publication,
including StatePoint Media's General Interest Features, articles for Special Supplements,
Crosswords, Short Takes, Sudoku puzzles and more (StatePoint Media Editorial Products),
are made available to you individually and free of charge to publish in your newspaper(s),
magazine(s) and/or on your websites.
- StatePoint Media has developed an automated online system that allows you to easily
and quickly inform StatePoint Media where and when the StatePoint Media Editorial
Products you download are to be published. You only are permitted to publish StatePoint
Media Editorial Products in the print and online publications that you register
within your StatePoint.net account, and not in any other publications.
- You may alter the design, style and text formatting of any StatePoint Media Editorial
Products to meet the physical layout and editorial requirements of your publication(s),
including any necessary changes to font, column size, etc. Additionally, you may
delete certain text or a photograph or illustration within any Editorial Product
except StatePoint Crossword or StatePoint Sudoku.
- You may not alter the text or accompanying image of any StatePoint Media Editorial
Products in such a way that would change its intended meaning.
- You may not publish or misuse any StatePoint Media Editorial Products or related
in any libelous, defamatory, obscene, immoral or fraudulent manner. You must comply with
all applicable laws and regulations regarding disclosures for native advertising.
- You must properly attribute StatePoint Media Editorial Products. You may not remove
the StatePoint Media attribution (e.g. 'StatePoint' or 'SPM Wire') within any StatePoint
Media story or puzzle. You must include the proper attribution designated in the
Editorial Product. If desired, you may move this attribution to a different location
within a story. Puzzle grid images, however, must be published as-is in print and/or
online, with no changes to content.
- You may not publish or post a StatePoint photo separately from the specific StatePoint
article with which it is distributed. If you choose to use a photo from the StatePoint
service, it must accompany the specific article with which it is distributed and
may not be used for any other purposes.
- You may not delete or modify the respective logo, tagline and/or Web address that
appears underneath each blank Puzzle Grid within StatePoint Crossword, or above
each blank Puzzle Grid within StatePoint Sudoku.
- AUTOMATED FEEDS FOR WEBSITES
- Automated feeds of stories and puzzles (Automated Feeds) are made available to you
free of charge to publish on your website(s).
- You may not copy or otherwise select individual stories or puzzles from StatePoint
Media's Automated Feeds for publication in print publication(s), or on any website(s)
except as part of the automated feed on the website you designated in your StatePoint.net
account. If you wish to publish individual StatePoint stories and/or puzzles in
a print or Web publication, you must register that publication in your StatePoint.net
account and download individual stories and/or puzzles from the StatePoint.net website.
- You may alter the design, style and text formatting of any Automated Feed headline,
story or puzzle to meet the physical layout and editorial requirements of your website(s),
including any necessary changes to font, column size, etc.
- You may not alter the text or accompanying image of any Automated Feed headline,
story or puzzle in such a way that would change its intended meaning.
- You may not publish or misuse any Automated Feed headline, story or puzzle in any
libelous, defamatory, obscene, immoral or fraudulent manner. You must comply with all
applicable laws and regulations regarding disclosures for native advertising.
- You may not obscure or obstruct any portion of the Automated Feeds by overlaying
any text or images in front of or on top of the Automated Feeds. Nor may you delete
any portion of the Automated Feeds.
- You may not modify the Automated Feed source code for any immoral, illicit or illegal
- You only are permitted to run StatePoint Automated Feeds on those website(s) registered
in your StatePoint.net account. You may run feeds on as many websites as you wish,
but each website and customized feed must be registered in your account separately.
You may not re-use automated feed code generated by StatePoint Media for one of
your websites on another website.
- You may not license, sublicense, sell, assign or transfer Automated Feeds to another
- StatePoint Media reserves the right to modify the presentation of the Automated
Feeds at its sole discretion, including but not limited to changing the look, content
and/or format of the stories, feed headers and feed look and feel contained therein.
- All material ("Materials") displayed or transmitted on this website, including but
not limited to StatePoint Media Editorial Products, Automated Feeds, text, photographs,
images, illustrations and graphics are owned by StatePoint Media or its partners
and are protected by United States copyright, trademarks, service marks, and other
proprietary rights, laws and treaties. "StatePoint Media" is a registered service
mark, and the StatePoint Media "Bullseye" logo is a service mark, of StatePoint
- Except as provided in this agreement, you may not sell, rent or in any way commercially
exploit the Materials carried on this website, nor may you infringe upon any of
the copyrights or other intellectual property rights contained in the Materials.
- You acquire no rights or license in the Materials other than the limited rights
to use the website in accordance with these Terms and Conditions of Use. StatePoint
Media reserves any rights not expressly granted under these Terms and Conditions
of Use. Under no circumstances will you acquire any ownership rights, moral rights, or other
interest in any Materials.
- Materials may not be used in any print publications or on any websites that StatePoint
Media determines to be unsuitable for any reasons, including but not limited to
those that: (i) promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality,
disability, sexual orientation or age; (ii) include pornographic or objectionable
content; (ii) violate intellectual property rights.
- StatePoint Media reserves the right to modify, update, suspend, discontinue or restrict
the use of or access to this website or any portion of this website, including Automated
Feeds, at any time and without notice or liability.
- Some but not all of StatePoint Media's Editorial Products are financially sponsored
by various non-profit and for-profit organizations. In exchange for financial compensation,
these sponsors may receive from StatePoint Media, among other things, promotion
within some StatePoint Media Editorial Products and Automated Feeds. StatePoint
Media does not endorse products or services or issue product reviews.
- Although all Materials are believed to be reliable, StatePoint Media makes no representation,
neither expressed nor implied, as to the accuracy, completeness, timeliness or reliability
of the Materials or any information on this website.
- StatePoint Media expressly disclaims any warranties, expressed or implied. StatePoint
Media's Editorial Products and Automated Feeds are provided on an "as-is" basis
and shall not be liable to you or anyone else for any loss or damages whatsoever,
including but not limited to any direct, indirect, special, consequential, incidental,
punitive or other damages, arising out of the use of or inability to use the StatePoint.net
websites, StatePoint Media Editorial Products, Automated Feeds or any Materials
carried on this website.
- To the fullest extent permitted by law you hereby agree to absolutely indemnify, defend
and hold harmless StatePoint Media,
its agents, affiliates, subsidiaries, directors, officers, employees, and applicable
third parties (e.g., all relevant Partner(s), licensors, licensees, media users,
consultants and contractors), against all claims, demands, damages, liabilities,
losses, costs, expenses, actions and proceedings of whatsoever nature which may
be brought, commenced or prosecuted against StatePoint Media arising from or related
to your use of or inability
to use any StatePoint Media Editorial Products, Automated Feeds, StatePoint.net
or any other StatePoint Media websites; and also against all costs (including attorneys'
fees and legal
costs on full indemnity basis) and damage which StatePoint Media may incur arising
out of any such claims, actions or proceedings including third-party proceedings.
- StatePoint Media assumes no responsibility for damage to computers or software of
the visitor, or any person the visitor subsequently communicates with, from corrupting
code or data that is inadvertently passed to the visitor's computer. Visitor assumes
all risk of viruses, worms or other corrupting factors or harm caused by visiting
StatePoint's websites, feeds and third-party links, or by downloading files or content
from StatePoint websites or feeds. Visitor views and interacts with these services
at his or her own risk.
- Without limiting the foregoing, neither party shall have any liability for any failure
or delay resulting from any condition beyond the reasonable control of such party,
including but not limited to governmental action or acts of terrorism, earthquake
or other acts of God, labor conditions, and power failures.
- StatePoint Media, Inc. reserves the right at its discretion to modify the Terms
and Conditions of Use under which this website is offered. Use of this website after
the posting of any such modification constitutes your agreement to the Terms and
Conditions of Use as modified.
- This agreement will be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of the
State of New York without regard to its conflicts of law provisions. If any provision
of this agreement shall be unlawful, void or for any reason unenforceable, then
that provision shall be deemed severable from this agreement and shall not affect
the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
- This constitutes the entire agreement between the parties concerning its subject
matter. StatePoint is not bound by additional terms, conditions or instructions
unless StatePoint signs an approval of the same. StatePoint Media employees and
representatives other than its Editor in Chief and/or its Chief Marketing Officer
are not authorized to make any changes (written and/or verbal), additions, or
modifications to the Terms and Conditions of Use and you shall not rely on any such
changes, additions or modifications to the Terms and Conditions of Use made by anyone
else, or any representations by any StatePoint Media representative or employee to
the effect that the Terms and Conditions of Use will be modified.